We Are Big Train
MVP Honor Roll
Bruce Adams • Boisture Family • Rebecca Crowley • Bill Landau
In Memory of Bill and Joan Shannon • Salley and Jeff Shannon
All-Star Honor Roll
The Korman Family • Rachel Northridge • Danny, Desi, Aspen, and Brecka Malasky • The Waldman Family
We Are Big Train
- “We Are Big Train” - We Honor Our Heroes. In 2022, come visit the brand new "Shirley & Walter" sculptures honoring two legends of Washington sports history. Help us honor local community heroes at each game this summer.
- “We Are Big Train” - We Win Championships. In 2021, the Big Train won its fifth consecutive and ninth overall Cal Ripken Collegiate Baseball League championship. In 2011, we were ranked the number one team in all of summer college baseball. Seventeen Big Train players have made it to the major leagues.
- “We Are Big Train” - We Serve Our Community. In 2021, we honored 25 Community Heroes serving on the frontlines of our covid response at each game with a free ticket and a dinner and drink. Since 2010, the Ripken League players have collected 60,846 pounds of food for the Manna Food Center.
- “We Are Big Train” - We Provide Family Fun. Since 1999, we have provided family fun at affordable prices right near home. Marc Fisher of The Washington Post called Big Train baseball at Povich Field "the ultimate small-town fantasy."
- “We Are Big Train” - We Inspire and Teach Our Youth. We believe every kid deserves a great summer. Each summer, we bring outstanding college baseball players from across the country to provide local kids an opportunity to watch the best and be coached by these role models at the Big Train summer camp.