Part four of our “Where Are They Now” series, which provides Big Train fans updates on current and former Big Train players’ collegiate performances:
Zach Jancarski – Outfield – (BT 2017)
- Jancarski had a rather quiet weekend, notching only one hit in the Terps’ three-game sweep of the Princeton Tigers. However, his season batting average remains at a more than respectable .278 and he is tied for the team lead with six stolen bases.
Brandon Gum – Shortstop – (BT 2012 & 2015)
- Gum remains on a torrid pace, as he collected three hits and four runs over the weekend against the Tigers. The redshirt Senior is now second on the team in both batting average (.314) and runs scored (13).
St. Mary’s Gaels
Jake Valdez – Pitcher – (BT 2014)
- Valdez has been essentially unhittable over his last two starts; most recently, he pitched eight shutout innings, allowing a mere two hits, in the Gaels’ 10-0 win over Cal State Northridge. Valdez is more than making up for missing all of last season due to injury, and he is now 3-1 on the season with a dazzling 2.33 ERA.
Kevin Milam – Pitcher/Infield – (BT 2017)
- Milam is proving to be a jack of all trades for the Gaels and his extremely impressive start to his collegiate career continued this past weekend, as collecting three hits, two runs, one RBI, while also contributing on the mound with four shutout innings of relief in the Gaels’ extra inning win. In the process, Milam picked up his first Win of the year.
Johnny York – Pitcher – (BT 2016)
- York picked up his first Save of the season in the series finale of his team’s 2-1 victory over Cal State Northridge on Sunday, pitching two shutout innings to secure the win.
Zach Kirtley – Infield – (BT 2015)
- Kirtley continues to heat up at the plate – this past weekend he had three hits, two RBI, one run and two walks and raised his season batting average to .271 in the process. He also leads the team in doubles (7) and walks (17).
Florida Atlantic Owls
Sean Labsan – DH – (BT 2014 & 2016)
- Labsan had a solid weekend during the Owls’ weekend sweep of Middle Tennessee State: one hit, one hit, 2 RBI. The Senior, who also pitches, is sporting a respectable average of .278 and remains 1-0 on the mound.
Kyle Marman – Pitcher – (BT 2016 & 2017)
- Marman, who will be returning to the Big Train this summer for his second season with the team, only pitched 0.2 (shutout) innings this past weekend but picked up his first Win of the season in the process.
Logan Farrar – Outfield – (BT 2013-2016)
- Despite getting swept this weekend by UNC Wilmington, Farrar had a great weekend at the plate, reaching base seven times (five hits, two walks) with one RBI. After a relatively slow start to the season, he’s been steadily heating up, and his average is now at .259 for the season.