Because of the extraordinary vaccination rate and the low covid case rate in Montgomery County and after two weeks of hosting games at Povich Field, the Bethesda Community Base Ball Club is modifying our protocols effective with the game on Monday June 21.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We are keeping our new ticketing system in place. We believe it has minimized the time our fans spend in line at the entrance gates. We continue to urge you to order your tickets online and come with your tickets ready to scan on your phone or on paper. Fans sitting in the Home Plate or Third Base Grandstands, please use Entrance A (Main Entrance). Fans sitting in the First Base Grandstand, Right Field Bleachers, or attending a picnic in the Davis Family Picnic Pavilion please use Entrance B (Gate on First Base Side of Grandstand).
- If you walk up and buy tickets at the ballpark, please come a little bit early to help us avoid lines at game time.
- Fully vaccinated fans are no longer required to wear masks at Povich Field.
- We urge all fans not yet fully vaccinated to follow CDC guidelines and wear a mask at all times except while actively eating or drinking in their assigned seat or picnic area. If you are not feeling well or have any symptoms commonly associated with covid or any other communicable disease such as fever, chills, trouble breathing, muscle aches, or sore throat, please do not attend the game. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will provide you with tickets for another game or refund your payment.
- We are no longer requiring masks and social distancing in the Right Field Bleachers.
- If you purchased your ticket in the expectation of our covid health and safety protocols at the time of your purchase and are uncomfortable with these changes, please email email@example.com and we will provide you with an agreeable accommodation or refund your payment.
- In the case of rain or other weather incident that halts the game, the public address announcer will ask fans to return to their cars. Fans will not be allowed to shelter in the picnic pavilion or the main entrance.
- At this point, we are not having fans on the field for anthems, first pitches, or between inning contests.
We want Big Train fans to know the Davis Family Picnic Pavilion is open for business with meals from Gregorio’s and Catalyst Hot Dogs and ice cream from Bruster’s. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your picnic.
We look forward to providing you with a great night of affordable family fun at Povich Field. If you have questions about tickets or seating, please email email@example.com. For general questions about Big Train baseball and/or questions about changes to our covid protocols, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-365-1076.